|In February 2017, the Commonwealth government passed the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Bill 2016, which will amend the Privacy Act, making it mandatory for companies and organisations to report “eligible data breaches” to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) and any affected, at-risk individuals.
This PD session will help you understand what the new legislation means for your organisation and what you can do to be ready and prepare. Organisations and Federal agencies subject to the Privacy Act should take steps to ensure that their practices and procedures will enable them to meet the new obligations to which they will be subject under the amended legislation.
1.0 hours, based on the assumption you have signed the attendance sheet when attending
Registration and Admittance
• Due to our sponsoring partner’s facilities, access requirements and for catering purposes, we request that you register for this event to ensure you are able to attend.
• Registration to this session is open and free of charge to all current ISACA members.
• A registration door prize will be drawn from the list of duly registered attendees.
|· 5.30pm – Registration and session sign-in – required to receive applicable CPE credits
· 6:00pm – START – Welcome, Introductions, Agenda
· 6:05pm – Monthly PD Session, Questions & Answers
· 6:50pm – The Soapbox – Chapter Updates, Announcements and Issues of interest to members
· 7.00pm – Networking opportunity – drinks and finger food to be served
· 8.00pm – Event Ends
About the speaker
Wayne Tufek is currently a Director of CyberRisk (www.cyber-risk.com.au). For over 20 years he has formulated pragmatic, business driven strategies to establish, execute and improve cyber risk management in ASX listed companies and some of Australia’s largest organisations across the public sector, Big 4, financial services, consumer products, education and retail sectors. Wayne is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and holds the SABSA SCF, CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA and ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer qualifications. He is frequently asked to present at security conferences and events in Australia and internationally including the Australian Cyber Security Centre Conference, RSA APJ and CeBIT.
Date(s) - 13/02/2018
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
EY Melbourne Office
Bookings are closed for this event.