Event Date / Time: 14th May 2019 – 5:30pm to 8:00pm (AEDT)
When change is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous –
When constant change is the new black –
We cannot rely on a select few to manage the people side of change.
This presentation describes the brave new world we are in right now or are about to be faced with.
When change is fast and iterative and subject to alteration in outcomes itself, how do you manage the people side of change.
How do you communicate and engage when the outcomes are not yet known. You can’t!
We have to stop talking about resistance to change and start talking about resilience.
You will learn why we need to simplify the roles involved in the people side of change and how change has to be everyone’s business. That means YOU.
What they are saying:
“Karen’s presentation challenged conventional wisdom about organisational change. Her thought provoking material had participants talking about the content long after her presentation ended. If you missed it at Convergence in Melbourne in 2018, then be sure to catch it when you can.”
– Lena Ross – Author, Hacking for Agile Change
“Karen’s presentation simplified the roles needed in organisational change management. Her soccer analogy resonated with everyone in the room. It was clear what was needed to build a resilient workforce and a winning team.”
– Adrian Amore, Owner Icomm Australia
1.5 hours, based on the assumption you have signed the attendance sheet when attending
Registration and Admittance
• Due to our sponsoring partner’s facilities, access requirements and for catering purposes, we request that you register for this event to ensure you are able to attend.
• Registration to this session is open and free of charge to all current and prospective ISACA members.
• If you registering please do attend, this is very important for the Chapter and the Sponsors.
• A registration door prize will be drawn from the list of duly registered attendees.
|· 5.30pm – Registration and session sign-in – required to receive applicable CPE credits
· 6:00pm – START – Welcome, Introductions, Agenda
· 6:05pm – Monthly PD Session, Questions & Answers
· 6:50pm – The Soapbox – Chapter Updates, Announcements and Issues of interest to members
· 7:00pm – 15min Topic presentation
· 7:15pm – Networking opportunity – drinks and finger food to be served
· 8.00pm – Event Ends
About the Speaker
Organizational Change Management Rebel With A Cause
Karen is a self-professed organisational change management rebel with a cause.
Acclaimed internationally as an author and speaker, with industry acknowledgement of her reputation as a Thought Leader, she provides both strategic and practical advice and insights to her audiences. Her ability to share her experience and knowledge ensures that everyone is empowered to make a difference within their organisation.
In 2011, Karen authored the acclaimed publication ‘Balanced Diversity – A Portfolio Approach to Organisational Change’ introducing a new and innovative framework for ensuring that service management changes become embedded into the fabric of the organisation.
This year saw the publication of Karen’s second book “Game On! Tactics to Win When Leading Change is Everyone’s Business”. In this book, Karen introduces us to the tactics needed to be resilient and successful – tactics that enable you and your organization to triumph in the face today’s challenges of constant change.
In 2014 itSMF Australia bestowed her with the Lifetime Achievement Award for her contribution to the industry. For the last three years she has been voted one of the top 25 thought leaders in service management by HDI. In 2017 the Business Relationship Management Institute presented her with a Global Excellence Award and in 2018 CMI awarded her the Rebel Award for “The person breaking all the rules to make things better for all”